2018 Western South Dakota Hydrology Conference
Conference: April 19, 2018
Field trips: April 20, 2018
Rushmore Plaza Civic Center
444 Mt. Rushmore Road
Rapid City, South Dakota
- The John T. Loucks Distinguished Lecture --Jeff Crockett, City of Rapid City Water Superintendent, "Colorado Springs Utilities Water Treatment Section Response to the Waldo Canyon Fire"
- Student Poster Contest
- Poster Session & Evening Social with FREE refreshments
- Open to students/general public at no charge
- Choice of FREE field seminars/trips on April 20 for conference attendees - details forthcoming
National Weather Service
RESPEC Consulting & Services
South Dakota Department of Environment and Natural Resources
South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
U.S. Geological Survey
West Dakota Water Development District
Call for Speakers - Closed - download instructions
Call for Posters - Closed - download instructions
Congratulations to our 2018 student poster contest winners:
- 1st place - Navanietha Krishnaraj
- 2nd place - Fleford Redoloza
- 3rd place (tie) - Michaela Halvorson and Gorky Dutt
Call for Vendors - Closed - download registration form
Accommodations- No rooms have been reserved at any hotels for this conference. Four hotels closest to the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center are given in alphabetic order:
Adoba Hotel (605-348-8300) at 445 Mt. Rushmore Road.
Alex Johnson Hotel (605-342-1210) at 523 6th Street.
Howard Johnson Express Inn & Suites (605-737-4656) at 950 North Street.
Rushmore Plaza Holiday Inn (605-348-4000) at 505 N. 5th Street and is next door to the Civic Center.
Registration - Download Form
2018 Program - Tentative Program - last updated April 6, 2018
2018 Field Trip Information - Download registration form - The following field trip options are available (more details on registration form):
- Tour of South Dakota School of Mines and Technology campus and laboratories
- Rapid Creek in-stream fish habitat improvement projects (FULL!)
- Jewel Cave National Park geology tour (FULL!)
- Orchard Meadows Subdivision drainage improvements