News Media briefing for latest update at Hawaii’s Kīlauea Volcano
PLEASE NOTE: This briefing will be by telephone only.
WHO: Representatives from:
- U.S. Geological Survey, Hawaiian Volcano Observatory
- National Park Service, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Hawaiʻi County Civil Defense
WHAT: Briefing and Q&A session about the current situation at Kīlauea volcano. The briefing will address:
- HVO’s scientific monitoring of the volcano and current activity, including a chronology of volcanic activity since late April
- Impacts at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Current Civil Defense advice to local residents and visitors
WHEN: MAY-09-2018 (Wednesday), 11:00 AM HAWAII TIME (= 5:00 p.m. EDT)
DIAL IN INSTRUCTIONS: Dial in to audiobridge:
- Callers in the U.S. toll-free: 1-888-469-1765
- For international callers: 1-415-228-5012
- At the prompt, please enter the participant code. Then please follow the subsequent prompts.
For the latest updates and information please check these websites:
Get Our News
These items are in the RSS feed format (Really Simple Syndication) based on categories such as topics, locations, and more. You can install and RSS reader browser extension, software, or use a third-party service to receive immediate news updates depending on the feed that you have added. If you click the feed links below, they may look strange because they are simply XML code. An RSS reader can easily read this code and push out a notification to you when something new is posted to our site.