News Media briefing for latest update at Hawaii’s Kīlauea Volcano
Representatives of the news media are invited to join a telephone briefing for the latest updates on Kīlauea's volcanic activity and its impacts.
PLEASE NOTE: This briefing will be by telephone only.
WHO: Representatives from:
- U.S. Geological Survey, Hawaiian Volcano Observatory
- National Park Service, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Hawaiʻi County Civil Defense
WHAT: Briefing and Q&A session about the current situation at Kīlauea volcano. The briefing will address:
- HVO’s scientific monitoring of the volcano and current activity, including a chronology of volcanic activity since late April
- Impacts at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Current Civil Defense advice to local residents and visitors
WHEN: MAY-09-2018 (Wednesday), 11:00 AM HAWAII TIME (= 5:00 p.m. EDT)
DIAL IN INSTRUCTIONS: Dial in to audiobridge:
- Callers in the U.S. toll-free: 1-888-469-1765
- For international callers: 1-415-228-5012
- At the prompt, please enter the participant code. Then please follow the subsequent prompts.
For the latest updates and information please check these websites: