Due to a lapse in appropriations, the majority of USGS websites may not be up to date and may not reflect current conditions. Websites displaying real-time data, such as Earthquake and Water and information needed for public health and safety will be updated with limited support. Additionally, USGS will not be able to respond to inquiries until appropriations are enacted. For more information, please see www.doi.gov/shutdown
News Media briefing for latest update at Hawaii’s Kīlauea Volcano
Representatives of the news media are invited to join a telephone briefing for the latest updates on Kīlauea's volcanic activity and its impacts.
PLEASE NOTE: This briefing will be by telephone only.
WHO: Representatives from:
- U.S. Geological Survey, Hawaiian Volcano Observatory
- National Park Service, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Hawaiʻi County Civil Defense
WHAT: Briefing and Q&A session about the current situation at Kīlauea volcano. The briefing will address:
- HVO’s scientific monitoring of the volcano and current activity, including a chronology of volcanic activity since late April
- Impacts at Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Current Civil Defense advice to local residents and visitors
WHEN: MAY-09-2018 (Wednesday), 11:00 AM HAWAII TIME (= 5:00 p.m. EDT)
DIAL IN INSTRUCTIONS: Dial in to audiobridge:
- Callers in the U.S. toll-free: 1-888-469-1765
- For international callers: 1-415-228-5012
- At the prompt, please enter the participant code. Then please follow the subsequent prompts.
For the latest updates and information please check these websites: