PHAST - A Computer Program for Simulating Groundwater Flow, Solute Transport, and Multicomponent Geochemical Reactions
Overview of PHAST
PHAST Is a computer program for simulating groundwater flow, solute transport, and multicomponent geochemical reactions. It uses PhreeqcRM (Parkhurst and Wissmeier, 2015) for the reaction engine.
- PHAST Read Me
- PHAST Release Notes
- PHAST Abstract
- Discussion forum: Search for answers, ask a question
- Mail archive--Questions and answers about PHREEQC, PHAST, and Netpath
- P4W example, including powerpoint guides, geographic data, and completed p4w files
- PHREEQC Software page
Download Current Version of PHAST
Graphical User Interfaces
- Windows 64-bit: phast4windows-3.4.0-12927-x64.exe [85M]. P4W, Model, database files, documentation, examples
- Windows (any processor): ModelMuse. Model Muse (PHAST version 1 capabilities only)
Batch Versions of PHAST
- Any platform, any processor: phast-3.4.0-12927.tar.gz [38M]. Source, configure, Cmake, database files, documentation, examples
- Windows 64-bit: phast-3.4.0-12927-x64.exe [48M] . Executables, configure, Model viewer, PhastHDF, database files, documentation, examples
Documentation for PHAST
- Documentation for PHAST Version 2 (and 3) (PDF)
- PHREEQC version 3 Documentation
- PHREEQC version 2 Documentation
- Groundwater Note for Phast4Windows (PDF)
Software License and Purchase Information
This software is a product of the U.S. Geological Survey, which is part of the U.S. Government.
This software is freely distributed. There is no fee to download and (or) use this software.
Users do not need a license or permission from the USGS to use this software. Users can download and install as many copies of the software as they need.
As a work of the United States Government, this USGS product is in the public domain within the United States. You can copy, modify, distribute, and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission. Additionally, USGS waives copyright and related rights in the work worldwide through CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication (https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ ).
SOFTWARE USER RIGHTS NOTICE
This software has been approved for release by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). Although the software has been subjected to rigorous review, the USGS reserves the right to update the software as needed pursuant to further analysis and review. No warranty, expressed or implied, is made by the USGS or the U.S. Government as to the functionality of the software and related material nor shall the fact of release constitute any such warranty. Furthermore, the software is released on condition that neither the USGS nor the U.S. Government shall be held liable for any damages resulting from its authorized or unauthorized use. Also refer to the USGS Water Resources Software User Rights Notice for complete use, copyright, and distribution information.
Any use of trade, firm, or product names is for descriptive purposes only and does not imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.