PHREEQC Version 3
Overview of PHREEQC Version 3
PHREEQC Version 3 is a computer program written in the C++ programming language that is designed to perform a wide variety of aqueous geochemical calculations. PHREEQC implements several types of aqueous models including two ion-association aqueous models.
- Version 3.0--Documentation of all features, including high pressure calculations, charting (Windows), Pitzer and SIT activity-coefficient models, CD-MUSIC surface complexation, and isotope capabilities. Updated PhreeqcI. Additional methods for IPhreeqc modules.
- PhreeqcRM--Reaction module for reactive-transport simulators. Based on IPhreeqc, allows access to all PHREEQC reaction capabilities. Contains methods for initial and boundary conditions, running reactions on all model cells, transfer of data to and from the module, and parallization by MPI or OpenMP.
Download Current Version of PHREEQC
Graphical User Interfaces
- Windows 32-bit: phreeqci-3.4.0-1297.msi [13M] - Executable, database files, examples, PDF documentation
- Windows 32-bit: Notepad + + interface - Appelo's Notepad + + interface to PHREEQC version 3
- Windows 32-bit: PHREEQC for windows - PHREEQC for windows home page
Batch Versions of PHREEQC
- Windows 64-bit: phreeqc-3.4.0-12927-x64.msi [ 3.3 M ] - Executable, database files, examples, PDF documentation
- MacOS (OS 10.7 - 10.12) 64bit: phreeqc-3.4.0-12927.dmg [ 13M ] - Executable, database files, examples, and PDF documentation
- Windows (any processor): phreeqc-3.4.0-12927.zip [ 12M ] - Source, CMake, database files, examples, PDF documentation
- Linux (any processor): phreeqc-3.4.0-12927.tar.gz [ 12M ] - Source, configure, database files, examples, PDF documentation
PhreeqcRM Reaction Module for Transport Models
- Windows (any processor): phreeqcrm-3.4.0-12927.zip [ 2.1M ] - Source, CMake, database files, examples, HTML documentation
- Any Platform (any processor): phreeqcrm-3.4.0-12927.tar.gz [ 2.0M ] - Source, configure, database files, examples, HTML documentation
- Windows (any processor): iphreeqc-3.4.0-12927.zip [ 7.5M ] - Source with CMake, database files, examples, and documentation
- Linux (any processor): iphreeqc-3.4.0-12927.tar.gz [ 7.4M ] - Source with configure, database files, examples, and documentation
- Windows COM 32-bit: IphreeqcCOM-3.4.0-12927-win32.msi [ 3.3M ] - COM server, CHM documentation
- Windows COM 64-bit: IphreeqcCOM-3.4.0-12927-x64.msi [ 3.5M ] - COM server, CHM documentation (Both 32-bit and 64-bit COM versions should be installed on 64-bit versions of Windows)
Documentation for PHREEQC
- PHREEQC version 3 Documentation (PDF, 4.2M)
- PHREEQC version 2 Documentation (PDF, 2.3M)
- PhreeqcRM Documentation (HTML)
- Phreeqcl Fact Sheet (PDF, 0.1 M)
- IPhreeqc Modules Documentation (PDF, 0.3M)
- IPhreeqc Documentation (CHM)
- IPhreeqcCOM Documentation (CHM)
- PHREEQC Abstract
- IPhreeqc Modules (COM/DLL/Library) Abstract
- PhreeqcI Fact Sheet FS-031-02 (PDF)
- Online Version 3 User's Guide
- User Rights Notice
- Notes for training course: Geochemistry for Groundwater Systems 2011 (Geochem2011.tgz, Powerpoint and examples, 180M)
Release Notes and Readme Files
- Release notes
- Phreeqc Readme
- Phreeqc Readme--Windows and Linux Batch Versions
- PHREEQC Readme--MacOS Batch Version For 10.7-10.12
- IPhreeqc Readme
- PhreeqcRM Readme
- Discussion forum: Search for answers, ask a question
- FAQ--Frequently Asked Questions about PHREEQC, PheerqcI, and Netpath
- Appelo's home page: Information, examples, and training courses
- Mike Mueller's PHREEQPY home page: Using PHREEQC in Python
Software License and Purchase Information
This software is a product of the U.S. Geological Survey, which is part of the U.S. Government.
This software is freely distributed. There is no fee to download and (or) use this software.
Users do not need a license or permission from the USGS to use this software. Users can download and install as many copies of the software as they need.
As a work of the United States Government, this USGS product is in the public domain within the United States. You can copy, modify, distribute, and perform the work, even for commercial purposes, all without asking permission. Additionally, USGS waives copyright and related rights in the work worldwide through CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication (https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ ).
SOFTWARE USER RIGHTS NOTICE
This software has been approved for release by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). Although the software has been subjected to rigorous review, the USGS reserves the right to update the software as needed pursuant to further analysis and review. No warranty, expressed or implied, is made by the USGS or the U.S. Government as to the functionality of the software and related material nor shall the fact of release constitute any such warranty. Furthermore, the software is released on condition that neither the USGS nor the U.S. Government shall be held liable for any damages resulting from its authorized or unauthorized use. Also refer to the USGS Water Resources Software User Rights Notice for complete use, copyright, and distribution information.
Any use of trade, firm, or product names is for descriptive purposes only and does not imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.