DroughtWatch for North Carolina
Science Center Objects
Find out about drought conditions in North Carolina. Our page offers links to maps and data, as well as North Carolina drought links, drought resources from other agencies, and pertinent publications.
Average streamflow maps:
- Area map: Below normal 7-day
- Site map: Below normal 7-day
- Site map: Below normal 14-day
- Site map: Below normal 28-day
Month-End Conditions Report for North Carolina - Monthly Precipitation, streamflow, and ground water levels for selected locations in North Carolina.
North Carolina Drought Links
- NC Drought Management Advisory Council
- Drought Monitoring (NC Department of Environmental Quality)
- Drought Monitor for North Carolina
- North Carolina Cooperative Extension Drought Information
- U.S. Drought Monitor
- U.S. Drought Monitor - North Carolina
- NC Rainfall map
- NC USGS precipitation gages
- NC State Climate Office
- CRONOS database - archived weather observations from over 2,000 weather sites and 3,000 water sites in and around North Carolina.
- Southeast Regional Climate Center
- Precipitation Maps Southeast Regional Climate Center Drought Information Historical Climate Summaries for North Carolina
Publications and FAQ