Due to a lapse in appropriations, the majority of USGS websites may not be up to date and may not reflect current conditions. Websites displaying real-time data, such as Earthquake and Water and information needed for public health and safety will be updated with limited support. Additionally, USGS will not be able to respond to inquiries until appropriations are enacted. For more information, please see www.doi.gov/shutdown
Movement Maps for Suisun Marsh Waterfowl and Waterbird Studies
Science Center Objects
Suisun Marsh is a critical habitat for wintering and breeding waterbirds in California. USGS is working with the California DWR to examine the trends in bird decline and to assess the habitat factors driving long-term survival of waterfowl, rails, and other birds in this important area.
Below is a series of maps showing locations over the last two weeks by species, zoomed in to the Suisun Marsh and the full spatial extent. Click on an image to view a larger map. Updated September 17, 2018
Scroll down beyond the maps to find hyperlinks to more areas throughout the western United States.
Navigate to the "Multimedia" tab to download the KML file.
Navigate to the "Maps" tab to find maps depiciting all marked individuals of a particular species.
- Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge, Utah
- Cold Springs National Wildlife Refuge, Washington
- Colusa National Wildlife Refuge, California
- Delevan National Wildlife Refuge, California
- The Delta in California's Central Valley
- Fall River Mills, California
- Farmington Bay Waterfowl Management Area, Utah
- Los Banos, California
- Lower Klamath National Wildlife Refuge, California and Bear Valley National Wildlife Refuge, Oregon
- Mendota, California
- Monte Vista National Wildlife Refuge, Colorado
- North San Francisco Bay, California
- Sacramento National Wildlife Refuge, California
- San Luis National Wildlife Refuge, California
- SJV, California
- Summer Lake, Oregon
- Tulelake National Wildlife Refuge, California
- Turnbull National Wildlife Refuge, Washington
- Gray Lodge Wildlife Area, California
- Upper Klamath, Washington
- Yolo Wildlife Area, California
This information is preliminary or provisional and is subject to revision. It is being provided to meet the need for timely best science. The information has not received final approval by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) and is provided on the condition that neither the USGS nor the U.S. Government shall be held liable for any damages resulting from the authorized or unauthorized use of the information.