How can I sell my product to the USGS?

As an agency of the United States federal government, the USGS must follow Federal Acquisition Regulations when purchasing or leasing any type of equipment or contracting for services. We are required to use competitive sourcing. Please visit our Acquisitions and Grants website to learn about how to do business with the USGS.

Related Content

Filter Total Items: 4

How do I suggest a research project for the USGS?

Unsolicited proposals for both research and research-related awards are a valuable means for the USGS to obtain innovative methods or approaches from outside the government to accomplish our mission. In order to be considered, proposals must: Be innovative and unique Be independently derived and developed (prepared without government supervision)...

Can you add a link for my website to the USGS website?

The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) is a bureau within the U.S. Department of the Interior. Per Department of the Interior policy , the USGS does not provide links to organizations outside the federal government unless they are official research partners of the USGS.

Are USGS reports/publications copyrighted?

USGS-authored or produced data and information are considered to be in the U.S. public domain and can be freely used without permission. All we ask is that you acknowledge the USGS as the source. While the content of most USGS webpages is in the U.S. public domain, not all information, illustrations, or photographs on our site are. Some non-USGS...

How can I find publications of the USGS?

The USGS Publications Warehouse is an online catalog for searching all USGS publications and downloading free digital versions. USGS Libraries contain sets of all USGS publications plus many state geological survey publications. The public go in person to any USGS library to do research, but USGS library materials can only be borrowed by placing a...