Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Where can I go for more information on amphibian declines and deformities?

Right-click and save to download

Detailed Description

Listen to hear the answer.




Public Domain.


[music fades in]

Welcome to CoreFacts, where we're always short on time and big on science. I'm Steve Sobieszczyk. Let's get right to it, today's question is:

Where can I go for more information on amphibian declines and deformities?

I have 2 sites for you.

FrogWeb is an online multi-agency U.S. government site from which you can link to many related websites. That's at

Also, the North American Reporting Center for Amphibian Malformations (NARCAM) website contains information on the occurrence of amphibian malformations including maps showing locations of observed malformed frogs. The site also enables scientists and the general public to report any findings of frog abnormalities either through the website or through a toll-free phone number (800-238-9801). And the website is

And now you know. Join us again tomorrow as we'll give you yet another new CoreFact. If you're interested in previous CoreFacts, or would like to check out CoreCast, our in-depth science podcast, browse over to If you would like to contact us here at the show or submit a question you think we should answer on the air, you can email us at or leave us a voicemail at 703-648-5600. Remember, long distance fees do apply.

The USGS CoreFacts is a product of the U.S. Geological Survey, Department of the Interior.

[music fades out]

Show Transcript