Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

% CHANCE of EXCEEDENCE (Y)- Hazards 101

Detailed Description

% CHANCE of EXCEEDENCE (Y) The percent (%) chance that a certain amount of mapped shaking distribution will occur over the time period being considered. Typically the values of 2%, 5% and 10% are used. Keep in mind that a 5% chance of exceedence means there is a 95% chance that the shaking will NOT exceed the value.


Public Domain.