2010 IMTA: Panel Introductions
The U.S. Geological Survey’s National Geospatial Program (NGP) was a significant participant in this year’s International Map and Trade Association (IMTA) Conference, September 12-14, 2010. Among the presentations and events was the Government Panel Session, titled: “Discovering New Business Opportunities”.
The intent of this session was to focus on changing government business models related to geospatial information in the areas of publishing, information access, and dissemination.
The Panel was moderated by Kari Craun of the USGS and included representatives from the following Federal agencies:
- Federal Emergency Management Agency: Paul Huang (FEMA) (8:07)
- U.S. Geological Survey: Mike McDermott (USGS) (5:41)
- U.S. Forest Service: Betsy Kanalley (USFS) (7:36)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration: Howard Danley (NOAA OCS) (6:16)
- Bureau of Land Management: Bill Jackson (BLM) (6:54)
- Question and Answer Session: Selected (13:53)