PubTalk 12/2007 — Exploring Antarctica's Frozen Frontier
The USGS Antarctic Program from the 1957 International
Geophysical Year to the 2007 International Polar Year
By Jerry Mullins, Coordinator, USGS Antarctic, Arctic and Canadian Programs
and John Behrendt, USGS Geophysicist Emeritus
- Learn about USGS surveying and mapping of "The Frozen Continent"
- Discover how geophysical surveys reveal what lies beneath the ice
- Hear how the United States officially names Antarctic geographic features
- Why does the geographic South Pole survey maker need repositioning?
- See the new high resolution Landsat Satellite Image Map of Antarctica