PubTalk 12/2014 — Ten Years After the 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami
How geology is reducing tsunami risk
by Bruce Jaffe, USGS Research Oceanographer
- Improvements in tsunamis warnings since the 2004 Indian Ocean devastation.
- Is California vulnerable to tsunamis?
- What is the geologic calling card of a tsunami?
- How does the geologic record foretell of future tsunamis?
- Lessons learned in Japan about the value of the geologic record of tsunamis.
- How did the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami save lives in the 2009 South Pacific tsunami?