PubTalk 7/2002 — Beyond the Golden Gate
Oceanography, Geology, Biology, and Environmental Issues In The Gulf of the Farallones
by Herman A. Karl, Marine Geologist, and Edward Ueber, Director, Gulf of the Farallones National Marine Sanctuary
- Learn about the complex marine geology offshore from the San Francisco Bay region
- Hear the story of the 47,000 barrels of radioactive waste that were dumped near the Farallon Islands.and how they were found
- Has the highly radioactive aircraft carrier USS Independence, scuttled somewhere in the Gulf in 1951, been located?
- The Marine Sanctuaries are facing the challenges of protecting complex and diverse marine ecosystems adjacent to densely populated metropolitan areas
- Why is the Gulf of the Farallones a favorite habitat for great white sharks?