PubTalk 7/2006 — Uncovering Silicon Valley
Weaving a tale of three sedimentary basins
by Victoria E. Langenheim, Geophysicist
- Geophysical probing reveals the geology under Santa Clara Valley
- What does the new 3-D view tell us about the San Andreas fault system?
- How does this affect earthquake hazards and ground-water resources?
- Was the strong 1865 earthquake caused by a thrust fault beneath Cupertino?
- Significant movement on the Silver Creek Fault may have partitioned the valley's ground-water resources