PubTalk — Deep Freeze
The Impact of Science on U.S. Climate-Change Policy
By Judy Layzer, MIT Political Scientist, and Herman Karl, USGS Earth Scientist
- Why have science and scientiests had so little impact on U.S. climate-change policy?
- Hear about the present implications of past societal collapses resulting from climate change
- Can citizens and scientists work together to find creative and durable solutions to th e climate-change crisis?
- Learn how flood-management projects in the San Francisquito watershed may be affected by climate-change policy
- How can programs like the MIT-USGS Science-Impact Collaborative help thaw the deep fre eze?