Our lunchtime seminars are held Tuesdays from 12pm to 1 pm PT. The science lectures are held at the USGS Oregon Water Science Center at 2130 SW 5th Avenue in Portland, OR (unless otherwise noted). The presentations are informal and are open to the public. Please, bring your lunch.
If you would like to be notified of upcoming seminars via email, then please sign up for the online mailing list at: https://or.water.usgs.gov/seminars/maillist.html. The online mailing list also will be used to notify its members of seminar cancellations or other schedule changes.
USGS WINTER 2020 SEMINAR SCHEDULE
- January 07 - "Forecast Informed Reservoir Operations: Applied Hydroclimate Research to Support Flood Risk Mitigation and Water Resources" - Andrew Martin, PSU
- January 14 - "Stream without Biology" - Janine Castro, USFWS
- January 21 - "Understanding Malheur Lake Turbidity and Implications for Restoration Strategies" - Tammy Wood, USGS
- January 28 - Susan Wherry, USGS
- February 04 - "An Integrated Feasibility Study of Reservoir Thermal Energy Storage in Portland, Oregon, USA" - John Bershaw, PSU
- February 11 - "The Long Road to Stage 0 Restoration: History and Practice in Oregon" - Johan Hogervorst, USFS
- February 18* - "The 185ka eruption of Long Canyon Dome in California's Golden Trout Volcanic Field: a case for magma-ice interactions and mixing-induced triggering of high-silica rhyolite" - Brandon Browne, Humboldt State University (at 5th Avenue Cinema)
- February 25 - "Dam Induced Hydrologic Exchange Flows Alter River Corridor Thermal Regime" - Pin Shuai, Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- March 3* - "The Ups and Downs of a Forearc: Tertiary tectonics, basin formation, and paleotopography of the Klamath Mountain Province" - Melanie Michalak, Humboldt State University (at 5th Avenue Cinema)
- March 10* - "Update on Sediment and other Baseline Monitoring Prior to Removal of Four Dams on the Klamath River" - Chauncey Anderson, USGS (at 5th Avenue Cinema)
* 5th Avenue Cinema: 510 SW Hall St, Portland, OR 97201
Note: The following schedule is subject to change. Please check this page prior to attending a seminar.
Disclaimer -- The research, opinions, and materials expressed by presenters are solely of the individuals and are not reflective of the Oregon Water Science Center, the U.S. Geological Survey, or the U.S. Department of the Interior.