Jenele Gorham is an Administrative Operations Assistant located at the Eastern Ecological Science Center in Laurel, MD.
Media Design: Designed the USGS Patuxent Mission/Vision Poster. Created several flyers for events/seminars. Created the message board tv announcements and updates via PowerPoint
Customer Service: Greet and Advise visitors on where to go and direct calls to the appropriate personnel. Coordinate the logistics for meeting. Provide service to the employees in terms of their postal needs. Sort and distribute mail. Order office supplies on an as needed basis.
Microsoft Word, Excel, Jitbit and Sharepoint: Completed Microsoft Office 2016 Course. Submit monthly fleet reports to Admin. Submit service request via Jitbit. Assisted with the Active Directory Update
Records Management: Scan historical data to Sharepoint that will be used for public research. File directives.
- STAR Award - Bird Phenology Project (2019)
- Leadership Development Certificate -Library of Congress (2010)
- B.S. University of Maryland Eastern Shore in Human Ecology with an emphasis on Interior Design
Library of Congress- Washington, DC (2003-2011)
- Technical Information Specialist (2003-2006). Input and updated data for the POW/MIA database. Assisted w/various projects such as: The Export/Import Bank Project (Access), The Aeronautical Wind tunnel Project (Access),and The Military Background Compensation Papers Project (Excel).
- Library Technician (2006 -2011) Sorted, discarded, distributed and labelled books, cd's, etc. Entered approx. 100 serial publications into Voyager Cataloging and Voyager Acquisitions module daily. Entered records into the STARS database weekly. Created Initial Bibliographic Control (IBC's) records in Voyager Cataloging Searched the Online Computer Learning Center (OCLC) research database
- REID Temple A.M.E (member since 2017)
- First Baptist Church of Laurel, MD (2019)
- Prince Georges Audobon Society - Bowie, MD (2020)