Shannon is a Data Management Specialist located at USGS Eastern Ecological Science Center at the Patuxent Research Refuge (formerly Patuxent Wildlife Research Center) in Laurel, MD.
- Incorporate processes, policies, guidelines and responsibilities for Patuxent's data in compliance with USGS policy.
- Create and edit Metadata, ScienceBase pages, DOI numbers for Patuxent's datasets
- Knowledgeable in the IPDS system and support Patuxent Authors
HTML, Drupal & SharePoint:
- Drupal Content Manager
- Update and connect Employee Staff profiles
- SharePoint Designer & Content Manager
- Create Power Apps Custom forms and Power Automate Workflows
- Manage Center Helpdesk Tool
Education and Certifications
M.S., Johns Hopkins University, Environmental Sciences and Policy (2012)
B.S., University of Houston - Victoria, Biology with emphasis in Ecology (2005)
Honors and Awards
Star Award 2018 - provided excellent and timely scientific support to Drs. Cahoon and Guntenspergen for manuscript close to publication.
Star Award 2017 - a leader at Patuxent Wildlife Research Center in 2017 in taking on jobs and roles that require considerable time, attention and technical skillsets.
Star Award 2016 - by assisting Dr. Vyas with GPS, GIS, and extensive mapping work for his study of cats.