Our office establishes policies and coordinates and conducts in the areas of accounting and fiscal service, general services, security, information technology, safety and occupational health, acquisitions and grants, internal controls, technology transfer, facilities and property, environmental protection, and business systems.
The Office of Administration provides bureau-level policy, program development, and direction related to business administration. The Offices within the Office of Administration are the foundation of the bureau's ability to achieve the science mission. Our activities include:
- Acquisition and Financial Assistance negotiation and administration
- Information on working with us
- Bureauwide human resources and organizational and employee development programs and policies
- Accounting, financial management, and reviews of internal controls
- General services and facilities management; personal and real property management, Security; environmental management; and health and safety operations
- Directives management, Technology Transfer, Cooperative Research and Development Agreements, and evaluation of inventions for patentability and commerciality.
The Office of Administration provides the comprehensive support services mentioned above to more than 10,000 scientists, technicians, and other staff members in more than 400 locations throughout the United States and its territories. We have approximately 450 federal employees, who are located primarily in Reston, Virginia, Lakewood, Colorado, and on campuses in Sacramento and Menlo Park, California.