National Hydrography October 2018 Newsletter released
The USGS National Hydrography Dataset Newsletter, Vol. 17, No. 10, October 2018 has been released and posted for viewing.
Browse through all of National Hydrography's Newsletters.
Or go directly to the newest edition:
October 2018 - Volume 17, No 10
- Retirement of Tommy Dewald
- A Selective Drainage Toolbox to Hydroenforce Culverts and Other Features in Lidar-Derived Digital Elevation Models
- U.S. - Canada hydrographic harmonization status presented to International Joint Commission Board of Commissioners
- NHDPlus High Resolution Beta Production Status Update
- What Have Markup App Users Been Up To?
- New Release of NHD Update Tool Coming Soon!
- Compatibility of USGS Hydrography Editing Tools in Windows 10
- WBD updates within the Great Lakes - Region 04
- Watershed Boundary Development Seminar and Workshop in Tacoma, Washington
- NHDPlus HR Ingredient Dataset Status - NHD Network Improvement Project
- NHDPlus HR Ingredient Dataset Status - WBD 4-digit Improvement Project
- Hydrography Photo of the Month
- NHD Quiz
- Upcoming USGS Hydrography Calls, Trainings, and Meetings
The National Hydrography Dataset (NHD) represents surface waters of the United States including, rivers, streams, lakes, and coastal features. The Watershed Boundary Dataset (WBD) is comprised of hierarchical polygons called hydrologic units that represent surface area over which water drains to a point. Both datasets are updated by stewards and are available by subsets of the United States.