New Employment Opportunity
The Center is looking for an Information Specialist to help communicate our science to the public and stakeholders.
- Asssists project chiefs to improve communication through development of web pages, social media content and press releases.
- Hosts and meets with stakeholders to convey knowledge of USGS activities, assess interest and utility of USGS products, and gather research planning requirements.
- Provides technical assistance and training for the use of USGS developed software applications and databases.
- Organizes and hosts public events at the science center, or recruiting and accompanying scientists to make presentations.
- Participates in evaluating the effectiveness of communication efforts and development of communication plans.