Groundwater is accessible through a "well"

Water well

Detailed Description

Below a certain depth, the ground, if it is permeable enough to hold water, is saturated with water. The upper surface of this zone of saturation is called the water table. The saturated zone beneath the water table is called an aquifer, and aquifers are huge storehouses of water. What you are looking at in this photo is a "well" that exposes the water table, with an aquifer beneath it. 


Image Dimensions: 4608 x 3072

Date Taken:

Location Taken: US