January Public Lecture Flyer, 2023
Building a National Volcano Early Warning System (NVEWS) for the Future
By Charles Mandeville - USGS Volcano Hazards Program Coordinator
- How NVEWS implementation will improve our capability to detect eruption precursors at the earliest stages.
- The top priority volcanoes for implementation.
- How the implementation of NVEWS builds upon volcano monitoring investments already made.
January 26th, 2023 at 6PM PST.
- Circular 1492: The Volcano Hazards Program—Strategic Science Plan for 2022–2026
- Open-File Report 2021–1092: Five-Year Management Plan for Establishing and Operating NVEWS: The National Volcano Early Warning System
- Scientific Investigations Report 2018–5140: 2018 Update to the U.S. Geological Survey National Volcanic Threat Assessment
- Open-File Report 2005-1164: An Assessment of Volcanic Threat and Monitoring Capabilities in the United States: Framework for a National Volcano Early Warning System