Public Lecture Series
The USGS Public Lecture Series has gone virtual! These monthly talks are intended for a general public audience that may not be familiar with the science being discussed. Our speakers are encouraged to thoroughly explain the subject matter being presented, and to define any words or terms that may be unfamiliar to those not having a background or familiarity with the material being presented.
Upcoming dates for 2023 - 6PM (PDT).
- December - No lecture this month.
Upcoming dates for 2024 - 6PM (PST).
- January 25: Kathleen Springer and Jeff Pigati, USGS Research Geologists - Evidence of humans in North America during the Last Glacial Maximum
- February 29: Sara McBride, USGS Research Social Scientist
- March 21: Nathan Wood, USGS Western Geographic Science Center & Dan Doctor, Florence Bascom Science Center - Current and future sinkhole susceptibility in karst and pseudokarst areas of the conterminous United States
- April 25: Introduction to Land Remote Sensing/Landsat and other technologies
- May 23: Antonio Celis-Murillo, Chief of the USGS Bird Banding Lab (BBL)
- June 27: Jamey Jones, Associate Center Director for Geology for the Alaska Science Center - EarthMRI