March Public Lecture Flyer, 2022
Hoofing it in the West: Conservation Challenges and Solutions for Migratory Big Game
By Matthew Kauffman, USGS Wyoming Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit
- Across the western US, GPS collaring studies are leading to new discoveries of long-distance migration in mule deer, elk and pronghorn.
- These seasonal movements are becoming more difficult as the West continues to grow.
- Learn how new research and mapping approaches providing a road map for conservation efforts to sustain long distance migrations amid changing landscapes.
March 24th, at 6:00PM (PDT)
- The Western Migration reports series, Volume 1
- The public migration viewer that parallels the report
- Wyoming Migration Initiative