Old Faithful Inn

Old Faithful Inn

Detailed Description

The Yellowstone Park Association, with funding from the Northern Pacific Railroad, commissioned the construction of Old Faithful Inn in 1902. Construction began in June 1903 and was completed in June 1904. Guests arriving by train in Montana originally came to the inn by horse-drawn stagecoaches via Mammoth Hot Springs. The Inn served as a model for similar lodges built in other national parks throughout the American West (Reinhart, 2004).

Details

Image Dimensions: 800 x 859

Location Taken: US