PubTalk 4/2006 — California's Greatest Fault
How historical data from 1906 have shed light on the San Andreas Fault
By Carol S. Prentice, Geologist
- What insights are gained from merging original 1906 observations and field notes with today's earthquake science?
- Data collected during and after the catastropic 1906 earthquake prove to be essential to-
- determine the fault's slip rate in the Fort Ross area,
- map the fault through Peninsula housing developments, and
- provide a better understanding of the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake