Our lunchtime seminars are held Tuesdays from 12pm to 1 pm PT. The science lectures are held at the USGS Oregon Water Science Center at 2130 SW 5th Avenue in Portland, OR. The presentations are informal and are open to the public. Please, bring your lunch.
If you would like to be notified of upcoming seminars via email, then please sign up for the online mailing list at: https://or.water.usgs.gov/seminars/maillist.html. The online mailing list also will be used to notify its members of seminar cancellations or other schedule changes.
USGS WINTER 2018 SEMINAR SCHEDULE
- Jan. 9 - "Reaching, Teaching, and Learning: USGS-CVO Scientists, and Emergency Managers," Carolyn Dreidger (U.S. Geological Survey)
- Jan. 16 - Joint Presentation - "Science and Management of Fishers in SW Oregon," Bruce Hollen (Bureau of Land Management, Oregon State Office, Portland, OR), and "Restoring a species lost: Fisher returns to Washington," Tara Chestnut (National Park Service, Mt. Rainier National Park, WA)
- Jan. 23 - "Environmental Co-Benefits of Green Infrastructure," Mary Santelmann (Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR)
- Jan. 30 - "Assessment of Columbia and Willamette River Flood Stage at Portland in a Future Climate," Susan Wherry (U.S. Geological Survey)
- Feb. 6 - "After the Flames: Life, Science, & Society After the Eagle Creek Fire," Steven Sobieszcyk (USGS, Dept. of Interior Burned Area Emergency Response (BAER))
- Feb. 13 - "River integration of terrestrial organic matter and carbon overprinting in a highly managed agricultural watershed," Robert Eckard (ESA Environmental Science Associates, Portland, OR)
- Feb. 20 - "Developing metrics to characterize heat budgets in off-channel habitats, Willamette River, OR," Carolyn Gombert (Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR)
- Feb. 27 - "Changes in fish behavior, life history, and survival associated with the operation of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Dams - Willamette Basin, OR," Greg Taylor, (U.S. Army Coprs of Engineers)
- Mar. 6 - "New insights into the hydrology of the Harney Basin, Oregon," Stephen Gingerich, Amanda Garcia, and Hank Johnson (USGS Oregon Water Science Center, Portland, OR)
- Mar. 13 - "Developing a Risk Analysis for the Department of the Interior," Nate Wood (U.S. Geological Survey, Western Geographic Science Center)
Note: The following schedule is subject to change. Please check this page prior to attending a seminar.
*Disclaimer -- The research, opinions, and materials expressed by presenters are solely of the individuals and are not reflective of the Oregon Water Science Center, the U.S. Geological Survey, or the U.S. Department of the Interior.