Overview of GW_Chart
GW_Chart is a program for creating specialized graphs used in groundwater studies. It incorporates the functionality of two previous programs, Budgeteer and Hydrograph Extractor and adds additional new features. There are seven major types of graphs created with GW_Chart:
- Calibration Plots
- Water Budget Plots
- Lake Plots
- Piper Diagrams
- Cell Water Budgets
- Farm Budgets
It reads data from the following programs to create these plots:
GW_Chart can also convert cell-by-cell budget files or zeta file generated by MODFLOW to text files.
Download Current Version of GW_Chart
The current release is GW_Chart v.1.30.0.
GW_Chart compiled for Microsoft Windows 98, 2000, XP, Vistas, Windows 7, Windows 8, or Windows 10
To install, either download and run the installer or download and unzip the zip file.
- Download GW_Chart (setup_GW_Chart_1.30.0.exe, 2.8 MB)
- Download GW_Chart software for manual installation (GW_Chart_1_30.zip, 1.9 MB)
GW_Chart Source Code
- GW_Chart_Source1_30.zip - GW_Chart is written in Object Pascal and compiled with Borland Delphi 7.0
- FlowRead96.zip - Library for reading budget files (MODFLOW-2000 version 1.1 or earlier)
- FlowReader.zip - Library for reading budget files (MODFLOW-2000 version 1.2 or later)
- Source code for Help file
These components plus a modified version of the TChart package (version 6.01) from Steema Software are required to compile GW_Chart. The required modifications of TChart are described in the file ReadMe.txt in the source code for GW_Chart above.
- JEDI VCL Components [external link]
How to Cite GW_Chart
This USGS software has two citations associated with it.
- The report citation is for the original report or article documenting the underlying theory, methods, instructions, and (or) applications at the time the initial version of the software was released. This digital object identifier (DOI) is for the report.
- The software release citation is for the software/code itself (now referred to by USGS as a "Software Release") and references a specific version of the code and associated release date. This DOI links to the code.
In instances where an author is citing use of this software, it would be appropriate to cite both the report documenting the code and the specific software release version that was used.
Report Citations for GW_Chart
Winston, R.B., 2000, Graphical User Interface for MODFLOW, Version 4: U.S. Geological Survey Open-File Report 00-315, 27 p., https://doi.org/10.3133/ofr00315
Software/Code Citation for GW_Chart
Winston, R.B., 2020, GW_Chart version 1.30 : U.S. Geological Survey Software Release, 26 June 2020, https://doi.org/10.5066/P9Y29U1H
Programs Related to GW_Chart
- MT3D (not a USGS program)
Find MODFLOW-Related Software
Visit the MODFLOW and Related Programs page for a list of MODFLOW-related software.
|Title||GW_Chart: A Program for Creating Specialized Graphs Used in Groundwater Studies|
|Product Type||Software Release|
|Record Source||USGS Digital Object Identifier Catalog|