Dr. Elizabeth Tomaszewski is a biogeochemist, interested in carbon cycling through the lens of interactions with metals and microbes. She is skilled in a variety of aqueous geochemical analyses, anaerobic microbial cultivation methods and advanced spectroscopic techniques. Dr. Tomaszewski joined the U.S. Geological Survey in October 2020 as a part of the Water Resources Mission Area.
- Ph.D. 2017, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Environmental Chemistry and Technology, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Advisor: Dr. Matthew Ginder-Vogel
- B.S. 2012, Georgia Institute of Technology, Major: Chemistry, Minor: Spanish
- Physical Scientist, Water Resources Mission Area, U.S. Geological Survey 2020-current
- Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Delaware 2019-2020
- Postdoctoral Research, University of Tuebingen 2017-2019