Due to a lapse in appropriations, the majority of USGS websites may not be up to date and may not reflect current conditions. Websites displaying real-time data, such as Earthquake and Water and information needed for public health and safety will be updated with limited support. Additionally, USGS will not be able to respond to inquiries until appropriations are enacted. For more information, please see www.doi.gov/shutdown
Current Water Conditions in New York
Science Center Objects
Current Water Conditions ("Real-time") in New York
• National Water Information System (NWIS): Find water-resources data collected at approximately 1.5 million sites, using menu-based and map-based front ends.
• WaterWatch: View maps, graphs, and tables describing real-time, recent, and past streamflow conditions for the United States.
National Water Information System (NWIS)
- Real-time data
- Monthly Hydrologic Conditions
- Historical data
- NWIS Mapper for New York
- Current Conditions for New York
- Hydrologic Conditions Mapper for New York
WaterAlert: allows users to set notification thresholds for any USGS real-time stream or raingage, water-quality, or groundwater monitoring site and then sends emails or text messages to subscribers whenever the threshold conditions are met, as often as every hour.
WaterNow: allows you to send a text message or email containing a USGS current-conditions gaging site number and quickly receive a reply with its most recent observation(s).