Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

Message From Our Director, Jeff Frey

The USGS is unique among Government organizations because we have neither regulatory nor developmental authority--our sole product is impartial, credible, relevant, and timely information, equally accessible and available to all interested parties.

As Director for the U.S. Geological Survey Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana (OKI) Water Science Center, I am committed, along with the rest of the Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana staff, to help provide the hydrologic information and understanding needed for the optimum use and management of Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana's waters. We hope that you find the information on our web pages helpful, interesting, and informative.                      

The USGS Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana Water Science Center has about 160 employees providing the information used in the management, assessment, and vulnerability analysis of water-supply, water quality, flood hazard, drought, and watershed issues associated with Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana’s rich water resources. We have a diverse source of funding with over 100 partners. About 45 percent of our funding is from Federal sources and the other 55 percent is from State and local agencies.

We are very interested in hearing about your water-resource needs and working together to help you make decisions, based on objective and credible information, in your roles as managers, scientists, policy makers, and other interested citizens of the States. If you would like more information, please contact me or any of the center staff.

Jeff Frey