Use The National Map Viewer to display or create watershed maps with the National Watershed Boundary Dataset. Watersheds are shown as Hydrologic Units, each one with a unique Hydrologic Unit Code (HUC).
- Go to The National Map Viewer (it might take a minute to fully load).
- In the green bar above the map, click on the Layers icon, which looks like a stack of paper.
- Click on the box beside "Watershed Boundary Dataset".
- Zoom in to your area of interest.
- As you zoom in, click on the arrow beside the Watershed Boundary Dataset box in the Layers list to show smaller watersheds and toggle them on/off.
- Video Lessons 3a-3e: Using The National Map Viewer
- USGS Water Science School: Watersheds and Drainage Basins