This year’s Federal Benefits Open Season runs
Monday, November 13 – Monday, December 11, 2023.
During Open Season, eligible employees may enroll, make changes, and/or cancel coverage for the following:
Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB)
- FEHB Premiums
- Plan Comparison Tool
- FEHB Significant Plan Changes
1. Significant Plan Event Changes
2. What to do When Your Health Plan is Terminating Coverage in Your Area or Leaving the Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB) Program
- Self Plus One vs. Self Plus Family:
Please see the listing of 48 FEHB plan choices where the enrollee share of premiums for the Self Plus One enrollment type is higher than for the Self and Family enrollment type for the 2024 plan year. Enrollees who wish to cover one eligible family member may elect either the Self and Family or Self Plus One enrollment type, whichever is more cost beneficial. Enrollees should carefully check the 2024 rates of their current plan and any other plan choices they are considering for 2024.
- What to do when your health plan is terminating coverage in your area
- Changes to be made in Employee Express if you are not retiring
- Those retiring before January 1, 2023 must complete the SF-2809 Health Benefits Election Form and send to your Benefits Specialist to be included with your retirement application package.
Federal Employees Dental & Vision Insurance Program (FEDVIP)
- OPM Dental and Vision Plan Information
- FEDVIP Premiums
- Plan Comparison Tool
- FEDVIP Significant Plan Changes (coming soon!)
- Changes to be made in BENEFEDS
Federal Flexible Spending Account Program (FSAFEDS)
- Flexible Spending Accounts Overview
- Health Care FSA
- Limited Expense Health Care FSA (for HSA-qualified HDHP plans)
- Dependent Care FSA
- Changes to be made in FSAFEDS
- Health Benefits – January 14, 2024
- Dental & Vision – January 1, 2024
- Flexible Spending Accounts – January 1, 2024
Please take the time to evaluate your current benefits enrollment to determine if you have the right health, dental, and/or vision insurance coverage for you and eligible family members and determine if changes are needed. The Federal Employees Benefits Statement, found on Employee Express under miscellaneous, provides a summary of your current enrollments.
Open Season Webinars
Neither OPM nor DOI are conducting virtual webinars. Webinars and virtual health fairs will be announced in the Need to Know (NTK) as we receive the information.