Key FEGLI Facts
- You may decrease FEGLI coverage at any time
- To make a change to FEGLI coverage you must complete an SF 2817, Life Insurance Election form – it cannot be done using Employee Express
- The government pays about 1/3 of the cost of your premiums for Basic coverage
- You pay the full cost for all Optional insurance coverage
- FEGLI is term insurance; it has no cash or paid up value; you cannot borrow from FEGLI insurance
- FEGLI Homepage
- FEGLI Program Booklet (FE 76-21)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- SF 2817 — Life Insurance Election form
- FEGLI Calculator
- Retirement & FEGLI
- How to Designate a Beneficiary
- Glossary of Terms
- Life Insurance Handbook
- Will I lose my Federal life insurance coverage when I retire?
- Can I make a changes to my Federal life insurance once I retire?
- When I turn 65, will I automatically lose my Federal life insurance coverage?
Contact your Benefits Specialist for assistance
« Return to Insurance
« Return to Pay and Benefits: Helpful Links