USGS St. Petersburg Studebaker Building
This historic brick Studebaker Building, originally built in 1925, was chosen as the location for the USGS St. Petersburg Coastal and Marine Science Center in the late 1980s. Many of the building’s original features are kept in tact to this day, including the Studebaker logos along the top of the building, and the Studebaker Distributor sign on the back of the building that is maintained in spirit of the building’s history. The building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places on July 5, 1985 and the St. Petersburg Register of Historic Places in 1986.
Learn about the science at the USGS St. Petersburg Coastal and Marine Science Center.