PubTalk 9/2004 — The Winemaker's Dance
Connecting Geology and Wine in Napa Valley
by David G. Howell, Geologist Emeritus
- Does a glass of wine really contain 100 million years of geologic history ?
- How did continental glaciation help shape the Napa Valley's soils?
- Are the hills in Napa Valley that help control its microclimates really megalandslides?
- What effect will global warming have on the vineyards?
- If "2-buck chuck" is drinkable, why bother with a $100 bottle of wine?
- Do wine critics play a role in influencing the "quality" of wine?