Small business outreach events and activities.
USGS Small Business Program
At the United States Geological Survey (USGS), we provide science about the natural hazards that threaten lives and livelihoods, the water, energy, minerals, and other natural resources we rely on, the health of our ecosystems and environment, and the impacts of climate and land-use change. Our scientists develop new methods and tools to enable timely, relevant, and useful information about the Earth and its processes.
Doing Business with the USGS
Scientific excellence at the USGS would not be possible without collaboration from more than 2,000 non-government, State, local, and tribal agencies and industry partners. Establishing and maintaining these essential relationships help the USGS conduct scientific research and connect with the public. Please reach out to the USGS Small Business Office to present your corporate capabilities or attend an upcoming Small Business Outreach Event.
The USGS Small Business Program Office looks forward to opportunities to meet with contractors in a one-on-one setting (to learn about corporate capabilities) at our USGS Headquarters located in Reston, VA, one of our branch offices located in Denver, CO and Sacramento, CA or via TEAMS.
Timothy Wiand HQ Small Business Specialist U.S. Geological Survey Office of Acquisition and Grants 12201 Sunrise Valley Drive Mail stop 205 Reston, Virginia 20192 (703) 648-7336 (email@example.com)
Donald Downey Small Business Specialist/Contract Specialist U.S. Geological Survey Office of Acquisition and Grants Box 25585 Denver Federal Center Denver, Colorado 80225 0585 (303) 236-9331 (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Upcoming Outreach Events:
Federal Agencies Managing Acquisition-Related Small Business Programs
- Department of Commerce - Minority Business Development Agency
- Small Business Administration
- Department of Veteran's Affairs Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization’s (OSDBU) Vendor Information Pages
Information Explaining the Federal Acquisition Process
- SBA - On-line training for small businesses
- Treasury - How to Do Business With Treasury describes processes and terms applicable to any agency
Other Useful Sites & Information:
- DOI Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization
- Federal Acquisition Regulation - Title 48, Code of Federal Regulations
- SUB-Net - Subcontract opportunities posted by prime contractors
- Department of Labor's Poster Page
- Electronic Subcontract Reporting System - As described in OMB implementing instructions (pdf), civilian agency contractors with subcontracting plans must file all SF-294 and SF-295 reports on line using eSRS in FY 2006 and beyond.
- Contractor Performance Assessment System (CPARS) Log On to www.cpars.gov