Human Capital

About the National Training Center

History of the National Training Center (NTC)

Old photo of USGS

The need for two high-level hydrologic courses led to the development of the National Training Center. The first was a series of highly successful short courses on hydraulics presented in the early 1950's. The second was the continuing training for international students and selected Division employees centered at the Hydrologic Labs in Denver. These training models led to the creation of a three-room Training Center located in Building 25 on the Denver Federal Center in July of 1967. In 1972, the Training Center moved to Building 53 (its present location) where it occupied about half of its present area. Unanimous Division support led the WRD Training Center to be expanded, nearly doubling its space, and becoming the Bureau National Training Center, which was dedicated in June of 1977. It is the philosophy of the National Training Center that, "well trained employees are invaluable to an organization." The vision of the National Training Center is to serve as "THE RESOURCE" for all employee development opportunities.
» Historical Photographs

 

National Training Center, Denver Federal Center

About the NTC Facility

The National Training Center is located on the 2nd floor of Building 53 in the Denver Federal Center. The Denver Federal Center is located approximately 4 miles west of Denver, southwest of the intersection of U.S. Highway 6 and Kipling Street. About 6,500 employees are located at the Denver Federal Center and approximately 1,200 work for the U.S. Geological Survey.

 

« Return to National Training Center