Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

How can I find survey benchmark and triangulation station information?

Most survey marks were set by the U.S. Coast & Geodetic Survey (now called the National Geodetic Survey); information for those marks is available online. For further assistance, contact the National Geodetic Survey at 301-713-3242 or

For information about marks set by the USGS, contact the National Geospatial Technical Operations Center at 

Learn more: