- Survey Manual: Training Policy and Procedures
- OED Training Policy and Procedures
- Acquisition Procedures — Visit SharePoint, Acquisition Operating Procedures, Acquisition of Training
- Providing Food at Government Expense During Training — Visit the internal site of Administrative Policy and Services
- Training and Development Manual — Search "Part 370 Chapter 410"
- Purchase of Training Policy at DOI — Visit the DOI-AAAP Portal – go to Final DOI-AAAP documents - Document DOI-AAAP-0052
- Training and Development FAQs
- Training and Development Reference Materials
- Training Statute (Note this website is not an OPM site. This is a direct link to where OPM redirects you for this information.)
- SF-182 Form and Instructions (includes Continued Service Agreement)
▬ How do I procure training? (PDF version)
|Type of Transaction||Procurement Authority||Procurement Mechanism||Process|
|All types of training at or below $10,000*||Purchase card holder||Purchase card†||Award to any selected vendor at a reasonable price.|
|COTS‡ training costing $10,000.01 - $25,000||Training Official||Authorized SF-182 attached in FBMS and completed as a miscellaneous obligation in FBMS||1. Award to any selected vendor at a reasonable price
2. Email quote and completed SF182 to Training Official for signature.
|COTS training costing $25,000.01 - $50,000||Training Official||Authorized SF-182 attached in FBMS and completed as a miscellaneous obligation in FBMS||1. Submit training request form. (To access this form, visit SharePoint USGS Insight, search for "Training Request Form," select the first result, and then select "OED Training Request Form.")
2. Upon receipt, the Training Official will use the information to conduct market research and obtain three quotes. If you have already obtained quotes, email them to the Training Official.
3. Once the Training Official receives three quotes, she will email them to you.
4. Review the quotes and select the best value option.
5. Fill out the SF182 with the corresponding vendor information and email it to the Training Official.
6. The Training Official will sign the SF182, email it to you, and inform the selected vendor. At this point in the process, the role of the Training Official is complete and you will be the vendor's point of contact.
|1. COTS training costing over $50,000
2. Non-COTS training costing over $10,000
|Contracting Officer||Appropriate FAR procurement process recorded as a Purchase Order in FBMS||The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) must be followed in its entirety. Contact your Contracting Officer or email@example.com.|
|*The micro-purchase threshold for training is $10,000.
†The SF182 may be used to purchase training under the micropurchase threshold, but must be signed by the Training Official before creating a miscellaneous obligation.
‡COTS: Commercial-off-the-shelf training. This is a training the vendor already offers and does NOT require design or development.