Current Status of US Topo Map Production
US TOPO PROGRAM UPDATE:
US Topo map production is transitioning away from a static 3-year refresh cycle. Nevertheless, maps will continue to be updated and published annually. Areas experiencing significant change since the last published map will be reproduced.
Thank you for your patience as we make this adjustment to better meet the needs of our users. More information will be shared as we finalize our new production cycles. Want the best available National Map data on a custom, on-demand, USGS topographic map? Click here to learn about topoBuilder and OnDemand Topos.
This map shows the most up-to-date status of US Topo production for the contiguous United States, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands for the current year.
- States or territories with a green fill have had their maps updated this year (Pennsylvania, New York, Delaware, Maryland, the District of Columbia, New Jersey, West Virginia, Ohio, Michigan, New Mexico, Utah, & Washington).
- States or territories with a yellow fill are currently in the process of having their maps updated (None).
- States or territories with an orange fill are next in line to be updated (None).
- States or territories with a red fill are planned to be updated this year, but work has not yet begun (None).
- Maps within states or territories with a grey fill will not be updated this year (all other states and territories).
For more information on the US Topo program, please go to program website US Topo: Maps for America. Updates for individual maps vary and may not be represented in the graphic. Please visit The National Map Viewer with the US Topo Availability service enabled to view exact publish dates and access the latest US Topos.
Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and American Samoa are not covered by the US Topo program. 2023 Alaska US Topo production is complete. For Alaska US Topo production information, please see Alaska US Topo Publication By Year graphic.