Betzaida is a physical scientist for the Potomac River Basin and Delmarva Peninsula National Water Quality Assessment program (PODL NAWQA) for the MD-DE-DC Water Science Center.
Research / Professional Focus / Current Projects
- Project Chief of the Delaware Natural and Environmental Resources Drinking Water project (field work schedules, recon., lab data tracking and statistical analysis; currently in report writing process) 2008 to present.
- Project Chief of the Town of Ocean City project (data management and analysis, 2007 Data report) 2006 to 2007
- Geographic Information System (GIS) analyst: used for research and as a WSC support in a variety of Projects.
- Physical scientist for the Potomac River Basin and Delmarva Peninsula National Water Quality Assessment program (PODL NAWQA) for the MD-DE-DC Water Science Center. Geographic Information Sciences applied and spatial data analysis to the extent for the NAWQA activities, focused to provide consistent and reliable information on the quality of, identifying changes over time, and understanding interacting natural and human influences on observed status and trends in streams, groundwater, and aquatic ecology in the PODL study unit.
- Extensive experience in many aspects in the Geographic Information Sciences including, but not limited to, remote sensing, application of regression models to spatial data sets, landscape, LiDAR, water-quality and water-use analysis, Census data, groundwater and surface water data, and other statistical data analysis
- Creation and management of geographic information databases including but not limited to cartographic, geographic, Counties metered water-use, Census data for the development of the Maryland BRAC Per-capita WU Domestic Regression equations.
- Statistical skills, SAS programming knowledge applied for models development, technical assistance, and QA/QC analysis in the WSC.
- Data/technical report prep., maps, plots, and illustrations following USGS guidelines for hydrology and hydrogeology applications and related sciences. Contours and HUCs delineation/coding, flood and bathymetric contoured maps, biological and health issues, QA/QC and metadata development.
- State of Delaware Water-Use Specialist since 2010 Water-Use Compilation.
Reyes, Betzaida, 2017, Daily Weather Data (Precipitation, Minimum and Maximum Air Temperatures) of Florida, Parts of Georgia, Alabama, and South Carolina,1895-1915: U.S. Geological Survey data release, http://dx.doi.org/10.5066/F7639MT4.
2011 To Present - Collateral Safety Program Coordinator in the MD-DE-DC Water Science Center
2003 To Present - Physical Scientist in the MD-DE-DC Water Science Center
2001-2002 - Cartographer in USDA, International Institute of Tropical Forestry
1995-2001, 2002-2003 - Physical Scientist in the Caribbean Water Science Center
Education and Certifications
MS Epidemiology and Biostatistics Sciences, University of Puerto Rico, Medical Science Campus, 2000.
Transitory Studies Biology Graduated School, University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras Campus, 1995.
BS General Science (Minor in Chemistry), 1994.