An official website of the United States government. Here's how you knowHere's how you know
Official websites use .gov
A .gov website belongs to an official government organization in the United States.
Secure .gov websites use HTTPS
A lock () or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .gov website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.
Latest Earthquake | Chat Share
The U.S Fish and Wildlife Service/USGS Intra-agency Committee for Program Coordination was established to coordinate related programs and research within the full range of interface between the two bureaus.
OPR: Director's Office
1. Establishment. Originally established by Memorandum of Understanding signed March 20, 1992, by the Director, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), and March 16, 1992 by the Director, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS). Revised version approved by both organizations on May 28, 1997.
2. Purpose or Function. It is in the national interest that related program responsibilities of the USFWS and USGS be closely coordinated and mutually supportive. The duties and responsibilities of the USFWS/USGS Intra-agency Committee for Program Coordination are:
A. To coordinate related programs and research within the full range of interface between the two bureaus. These include programs involving the following activities:
(1) Resource Management
(2) Land and Resource Planning and Classification
(3) Energy and Mineral Assessments and Surveys
(4) Water Resource/Water Quality Investigations & Assessments
(6) Environmental Hazards (e.g. floods, earthquakes)
(7) Pollution Control and Cleanup, including Hazardous Wastes
(8) Natural Resources Damage Assessments
(9) Mapping, Surveying, and Remote Sensing
(10) Geographic Information Systems & Electronic Data Processing
(11) Global Climate Change and Acidic Precipitation
(12) Biological and Ecological Investigations and Inventories
B. To arrange for cooperation and support in the operational conduct of related programs.
C. To provide for the exchange of data, information, and findings of mutual concern.
D. To exchange program and budget information during the preparation stages, and to share information with budgetary implications whenever appropriate.
Co-Chairpersons: Director, USGS, and Director, USFWS
Executive Secretariat: Office of Program Planning and Coordination, USGS; representative as designated by Director, USFWS.
Members: There will be equal membership from both bureaus, preferably with officials at the policy level to represent the specific activities in 2.A.
4. Staff. To be provided by the Co-Chairpersons.
5. Meetings. The Committee will meet semi-annually, or at the discretion of the Co-Chairpersons.
6. Working Groups. The Committee has the authority to establish working groups to undertake studies of intra-agency issues and to make decisions within the authorities delegated by the Co-Chairpersons.
7. Termination Date. None. The Committee will continue to function until either party declares its abolition in writing. The charter for this Committee shall be reviewed every 3 years.