USGS EROS Archive - Digital Maps - National Atlas
Science Center Objects
The National Atlas of the United States products are specialized geospatial, geostatistical, and thematic maps for the United States in digital raster and/or vector format.
The National Atlas products available on EarthExplorer are static and no longer supported to reflect corrections or new data sources.
There are 624 datasets available in various formats, such as Shapefile, TIFF, and BIL. Some of the available datasets are listed below:
- North American Atlas – Bathymetry
- North American Atlas - Political Boundaries
- Cities and Towns
- Hydrologic Unit Boundaries
- Invasive Plants - Leafy Spurge
- Federal Lands of the United States
- 100-Meter Resolution Elevation of the Conterminous United States
- North American Atlas – Roads
The National Map provides more current topographic maps and other geographic data by offering a range of scales and layers of geospatial information.
EarthExplorer can be used to search, preview, and download National Atlas data. The collections are located under the Digital Maps category.