- While Landsat Collection 2 products are processed and stored in the USGS Cloud Hosting Solution (CHS) environment, downloads are managed through EarthExplorer. The USGS Landsat no-cost open data policy remains intact since its inception in 2008.
- New for Landsat Collection 2, users can select and download individual spectral bands. This change eliminates the need to download the entire .tar bundle to access the bands needed for analysis. The Full-Resolution Browse files also remain available to download.
- The EarthExplorer Bulk Download Application (free registration required) is also available for Landsat Collection 2 products.
- Landsat Collection 2 Level-1 data will become available to download using the USGS Global Visualization Viewer (GloVis) at a future date.
- The LandsatLook Viewer is being transformed into a visualization tool, and utilizes commercial cloud capabilities to enable users to create dynamic custom mosaics from Landsat Collection 2 scenes within the Landsat Archive for specific areas of interest.
- Announcements will be made via the Landsat Missions website and social media accounts when Landsat Collection 2 data is visible on GloVis, and also when the new LandsatLook Viewer becomes available.
Learn more: Landsat Data Access