Upcoming GloVis Release Includes Interface Improvements, Landsat Collection 2
In addition to adding new datasets, several improvements will be made to the GloVis interface during this release, including:
- Adding base map options, matching those available in EarthExplorer (Leaflet, OpenStreetMap, ESRI World Imagery, The National Map, USA Topographic)
- Adding Scene List ‘export’ options, matching those available in EarthExplorer (GeoJSON, KMZ (with browse), KMZ (no browse), Comma Delimited, Pipe Delimited, Comma Separated Value (CSV), Shapefile, FGDC)
- Interface Controls panel along the left side of the map manages customization of the display:
- Add data sets to the data set list, then activate or deactivate data sets in the Selected Data Set Lists
- Data Set specific metadata filters are available in a panel below the Geographic Filters rather than each data set's row (common filters such as date and cloud cover are still available in their own panel and apply to all active data sets)
- Timeline and Scene Navigator are pop-outs activated and deactivated from the Interface Controls panel
- User Preferences are available from the top of the Interface Controls panel
- Cloud Cover filter is a slider bar
Other minor changes may affect how some GloVis features are utilized. After the updated interface becomes available on June 15, users are encouraged to review the Release Notes for more details, and take the "Tour" to become familiar with the new features.
Please contact USGS EROS Customer Services with any questions about these changes.