Skip to main content
U.S. flag

An official website of the United States government

What should I do if I find sick or dead wildlife?

A cluster of sick or dead animals in an area might indicate a wildlife disease of concern. If you find sick or dead wildlife, contact your closest state or federal wildlife agency; they can decide whether to investigate. You might also contact your local health department to report this occurrence.