Back to Landsat Updates
The Pecora 20 conference will be held November 13-16, 2017, in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
With emphasis on recent significant developments in remote sensing, the theme of Pecora 20 is “Observing a Changing Earth: Science for Decisions…Monitoring, Assessment, and Projection.” This conference will offer a program on applications of satellite and other Earth observations to monitor, assess, and perform projections of future land and water resources, as well as big data and other analytical technologies to improve decision making utilizing satellite data.
The Pecora symposium series was established by the USGS and NASA in the 1970s as a forum to: 1) foster the exchange of scientific information and results derived from applications of Earth observing data to a broad range of land-based resources; and 2) discuss ideas, policies, and strategies concerning land remote sensing.
The following distinguished speakers of Pecora 20 include:
- Barbara J. Ryan – Secretariat Director of the intergovernmental Group on Earth Observations (GEO)
- Michael H. Freilich – Director, Earth Science Division at NASA Headquarters
- Harry A. Cikanek – Director (acting), STAR – Center for Satellite Applications and Research
- Samuel N. Goward – Research Professor/Emeritus Professor, University of Maryland
- Curtis E. Woodcock – Professor of Earth and Environment, Boston University
- Mike Warren – Co-founder and CTO, Descartes Labs
- Joe Mascaro – Director of Academic Programs, Planet
- Dr. Valerie Pasquarella – University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Todd Hawbaker – USGS Research Ecologist
The first EROS CalVal Center of Excellence (ECCOE) Workshop will also be held Monday, November 13, and Tuesday, November 14.